We are seeking experienced Technical Designers located in Vancouver.
What We Do:
We build museums, science centers, restaurant interiors for ski resorts, public art installations, film and television sets, window dressing for high end retailers, pop-up shops, fashion events, corporate events and live stage productions. These projects include interactive displays, games, and mechanically operated parts, which require a skilled team of designers to create, test, and prove sustainability and longevity in the marketplace.
*If you do not have the exact qualifications we specify below, but believe that you have strengths to add our team, feel free to send in a resume specifying what contribution you think you can make*
- To review conceptual designs and inform the build process through sketches, detailing, and CAD drawings
- Design working prototypes with various materials and methodologies
- Work with the fabrication team to trouble shoot, improve and finalize products.
- Create detailed shop drawings for fabricators including CNC machining for production purposes
- Explore alternate build methodologies
This Position Requires:
- A motivated person with a positive attitude
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment with very tight timelines
- The ability to adapt quickly to new building methodologies
- An excellent understanding of shop drawings, machining & assembly methods.
- Should have familiarity with the CNC process, training can be provided to successful candidates.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A Certificate or Diploma from a post-secondary institution
- 2-3 years experience in a related field of design
- Excellent working knowledge of Rhino, Revit, Auto-CAD, Inventor, MS Excel, and MS Word
If you have the experience and skills above and enjoy working with a diverse mix of creative people in a fast-paced, project-based environment, we would like to hear from you!
Please send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to the email below. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.