We are seeking experienced Carpenters and Carpenter Apprentices located in Vancouver.
What We Do:
We build museums, science centers, restaurant interiors for ski resorts, public art installations, film and television sets, window dressing for high end retailers, pop-up shops, fashion events, corporate events, and live stage productions. These projects include interactive displays, games, and mechanically operated parts, which require a skilled team of designers to create, test, and prove sustainability and longevity in the marketplace.
*If you do not have the exact qualifications we specify below, but believe that you have strengths to add to our team, feel free to send in a resume specifying what contribution you think you can make*
- Fabrication of complex shapes using various build methodologies
- Shaping lumber and other material, such as plywood, plexi glass, foam, exotic woods, etc.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Create “finish ready work” for the paint and stain
This Position Requires:
- A motivated person with a positive attitude
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment and adapt quickly to new procedures
- The ability to adapt quickly to new building methodologies
- The ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches
- Proficiency and accuracy with hand tools, power tools, and sliding table saw is expected
- Should have familiarity with the CNC process (not a requirement). Training can be provided to successful candidates
- Minimum 2 years in Cabinet Making/Joinery or minimum 4 years in the general woodworking industry with shop experience
- A valid Driver’s license
- Health and Safety certificate
- Candidate should have their own hand tools
- Ideally Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman carpenter
If you have the experience and skills above and enjoy working with a diverse mix of creative people in a fast-paced, project-based environment, we would like to hear from you!
Please send your resume to the email below. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.