Production Supervisor for Large Format Printing Shop
3DS is an exhibit design and fabrication company located in Delta, BC and Toronto, ON. We create custom interactive environments and exhibits for museums, science centres, ski industry hospitality, and retail clients. For over 40 years, 3DS has been an industry leader in the creative fabrication business, working across North America.
We are currently interviewing for the Full-Time position of Production Supervisor for Large Format Printing Shop.
Experience in exhibits and large format printing and pre-press is a must. This is not a graphic designer position – it is a production position.
Your role as Production Supervisor for Large Format Printing Shop:
- To oversee the company’s graphic production process on every project from start to finish, from quoting, production and printing, to the installation of large format graphics and murals. This role includes management and organization of the graphics team and liaison with drafting and other departments.
- As 3DS’ graphic specialist, you will bring up-to-date knowledge of large format printing processes to the production team
- Oversee pre-press completed in-house and by partnered print houses. We have our own in-house printing and laminating facilities, which you will also oversee. You be expected to issue work orders for production.
- Manage/facilitate all purchasing for outsourced print houses.
- You will insure all final products meet the company’s quality standards.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the design, sales, and projects teams throughout the project cycle
- Work with clients and/or designers to advise and educate on preparation of production files
- Request quotations from specified printers, work with Project Managers to ensure graphics and approval documents are completed to 3DS quality standards
- Review, quality control, and document graphics before shipment
- Coordinate and manage all graphic files in pre-production
- Manage frequently used print project digital assets
- Manage graphic production timeline schedules
- Manage graphic work orders provided to the shop
- Work to specified budgets and timelines outlined by Project Managers
- Be able to generate occasional layouts based on knowledge of layout principles
- Supervise in-house print production to 54″ Wide Format Latex Printer, 60″ Laminator, and 36″ digital cutter
- Work with vinyl installers in-house and on-site to insure quality installation to the specific standards required by the client
Relevant Experience/Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Diploma, Associate’s Degree, or Certification in visual arts, specializing in graphic design, graphic communication, pre-press, large-format printing, or similar
- Preprint graphics and multimedia integration
- 1-3 years of relevant and professional work experience
- Diverse materials knowledge, relating to media production and communication, including dissemination techniques and methods
- Experience handling print vinyl, including laminating, handling, trimming, set up, and installation
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Leadership and time management
- Scheduling, coordinating, and management experience
- A competitive wage will be provided to the chosen candidates.
Benefits of Working at 3DS:
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Exposure to interesting and complex projects
- Modern and open office environment
- Casual dress
- On-site free parking
- Positive team environment
- Work Location: One location
If you have the experience and skills above and enjoy working with a diverse mix of creative people in a fast-paced, project-based environment, we would like to hear from you!
Please send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to the email below. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.